Nestled in Waltham, MA, Raytheon Company is an international technology and innovation firm in aerospace and defense, providing electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services for a wide variety of government and commercial customers. Besides its global business services segment the company runs four operations: Integrated Defense Systems; Intelligence, Information and Services; Missile Systems; Space and Airborne Systems. Working toward the goal of making the world a safer place, the company offers career paths to you if you consider yourself mission-driven who thrives on continual learning, big ideas and real challenges. Job openings are not only available for professionals, but also for recent graduates & interns; moreover the company offers a Relaunch Program, a unique opportunity for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking a career break. A comprehensive and competitive benefits package is accessible for you, containing elements of health care, income protection, investment/retirement and work/life benefits. As one of the earliest technology start-ups Raytheon was established in Cambridge, home of the Institute of Technology, as the American Appliance Company in 1922.
***Great opportunity for current college students entering their Sophomore or Junior year by Fall 2020. If you are not a current Sophomore or Junior, please visit our other opportunities and apply!***As a Defense Contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of Security Clearance and Special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance. Job Description:
The Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) designs and develops electronics and test equipment for RF, EW, Communications and EO sensors. HWEC provides engineering, technology development, and manufacturing support for an extensive line of airborne, ground, and space-based systems.
For Multi-Level Intern Requisitions:
This position can be a Salary Grade of G03 or G04, based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
As a TechStudent-Sophomore, you may be involved with any of the following activities:
- G03 (College Sophomore by Fall 2020) - must have completed 30 hours of college
- G04 (College Junior by Fall 2020) - must have completed 60 hours of college
- Circuit analysis, circuit simulation, design documentation maintenance, trade assessments for obsolescence resolution, troubleshooting and resolution of hardware performance issues and hardware integration, test and verification.
- Integration and test of RF/Analog/Digital components and modules.
- Design, development, and integration of Special Test Equipment (STE) with the Prime Hardware.
- Work as part of a team to analyze Hardware / Software test requirements / specifications to determine Hardware and Software requirements.
- Develop solutions to test issues and develop productivity and efficiency enhancements.
- Interact with test technicians, factory facilitators, operations managers, other engineers, Quality Assurance and Reliability personnel.
Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.Desired Skills:
- Must be a college Sophomore or Junior by Fall 2020
- Experience with LabWindows CVI, Labview, TestStand , C++, C#, or other programming languages Experience with laboratory test instrumentation, electronics and software (emphasis on National Instruments product lines)
- Experience with the development and integration of software drivers for the operation of computer hardware interfaces
- Knowledge in common computer hardware interface and data protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, Serial Communication
- Basic / Fundamental Electrical Engineering classes in a lab environment with standard EE lab equipment (i.e., Vector Network Analyzers, Power Meters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, DMMs, signal sources)
- Experience working within a team environment.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders
- Experience with MS Office tool suite
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Have strong technical aptitude as shown by strong grades or hands on lab experience
- Be a hands on person with ability to work with production equipment
- Ability to apply basic principles, theories, and concepts within the electrical engineering fields and general knowledge of other related disciplines
- Ability to demonstrate delivery quality and timely results
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to multi-task.
- Demonstrated leadership experience through school or extracurricular projects
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
Currently pursuing a BS / BA Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering degree from a four-year university and entering as a college Junior or Senior OR pursuing a MS / MA / PhD by Fall 2020. Must be appropriate grade level listed above.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.