Adventist HealthCare is a faith-based, not-for-profit organization, serving Maryland and Washington D.C. The team of dedicated professionals work together to improve the health and well-being of people and communities through a ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. They strive to convey this mission by living the organization’s core values of respect, integrity, service, excellence, and stewardship. If you are ready to move your career forward with Adventist HealthCare, you will find open positions in the fields of allied health, home health, mental health, nursing, and professional and supportive services. When joining the team, you will enjoy benefits, continuing education opportunities and a supportive work environment.
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Located minutes from Lanikai Beach in Windward Oahu, Adventist Health Castle is nestled at the base of the beautiful Ko'olau mountain range. More than just a beautiful campus, AHCS also one of five organizations nationwide to receive the 2017 Baldrige National Quality Award.
Featuring a full-service medical center, Castle offers a wide range of inpatient, outpatient, and home-based services, with over 1,000 employees and staffed by more than 300 physicians. Located just outside of Kailua, AHCS serves all of O'ahu and is the primary health care facility for the Windward side of the island.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Fitness Instructor who:
Provides fitness instruction and other support activities. Utilizes effective time management principles and communication skills to provide fitness classes. Establishes and maintains exercise programs for members.
* Provides fitness classes. Modifies class based upon clients' response to exercise. Maintains calm and professional environment for class setting.
* Prepares exercise room/area and is prepared to instruct clients. Arranges area in a safe and orderly manner and maintains throughout the session. Cleans, maintains, and stores equipment after class has ended. Maintains logs and records appropriately, accurately and timely in accordance with established procedures.
* Completes daily charges.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
* High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
* Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
* Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required
* Fitness Certification