Experience a high-energy, fast-paced work environment that's both competitive and rewarding as you grow sales of Broan products within a designated territory by understanding and partnering with the Wholesale HVAC, Electrical and Low-Voltage Distributor customer and their Contractor customers by providing a positive customer experience.
The Territory Sales Manager utilizes consultative selling skills and experience to establish, retain and grow Broan Distribution accounts as well as develop and close new business utilizing a strong pull-through sales plan. Is generally responsible for developing channel relationships with Distributors, Contractors, Design/Builder Renovators and Builders. Training both Distributor and Trade personnel and generally develops and maintains a superior working relationship between Broan and its Customers. Responsible for the sales of a diverse group of products, focusing on the wholesale channel including HVAC, Electrical, Low Voltage and Building Material Distributors and showrooms throughout a specified territory or to specified customers.
- Co-own revenue growth and drive execution of sales objectives in the Territory and Region.
- Build Distributor relationships (local, regional& national) HVAC, Electrical, Low-Voltage and Dealers.
- Develop Broan Distributors by identifying and understanding the distributor s market position and entire supply chain to identify the distributor s potential opportunity to Broan. Understand contact hierarchy within distributor accounts; know the decision makers.
- Develop and execute revenue growth strategies aimed at growing Broan market share within the Distributor accounts - utilize all products; Vent Fans, Hoods, FAS, CVAC, Chimes& CAP s.
- Recommends Distributor Job Quote pricing and actions as needed to accomplish objectives.
- Works closely with Regional Manager and other Territory Sales Managers to insure rapid communication and success of new product introductions and other promotional programs.
- Be the Distributor s information source for ventilation products that meet Building codes. Be willing to meet / visit distributors regularly to confirm stocked products, grow shelf space, correct inventory issues and identify opportunities to offer upgrade solutions to Distributors and their Customers.
- Establish pull-through relationships with Contractors, Specifiers, Bid/Spec groups to promote Broan.
- Conduct product sales training and update meetings to Distributors, Specifiers& Contractors to share construction trends, code changes and building practices.
- Properly refers and/or assists in resolution of service and warranty issues on behalf of Broan.
- Develops and maintains a base of knowledge on all competitors and interacts with all Broan departments relative to this knowledge, as appropriate.
- Maintains records and submits reports as required by the Regional Manager and/or the Company.
- Obtains credit information and provides such assistance to the Credit Department as may be required to insure the timely processing of customer orders.
- Provides regular input to Regional Manager for use in preparing annual sales and expense budgets.
- Represent Broan at select regional or national trade shows as directed by Regional Sales Manager.
- Strong business acumen and proven experience calling on Wholesale Distribution, Builders, Showrooms and Architects using a consultative and goal oriented sales approach.
- A strong work ethic, hunter mentality, love of sales, and the drive to get out in the field and support existing business and/or pursue new business daily.
- Bachelor s degree, preferably in Business or equivalent field
- Up to 5 years of previous field sales experience ideally in a Construction sales organization.
- Highly motivated, disciplined, organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent people skills; effective communicator with strong written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Relentless positive attitude and willingness to help.
- Strong administrative skills (i.e. excel, word, power-point, mapping software).
- Experience with Salesforce for project tracking and customer analysis is a plus.
- Foster understanding of and adherence to sales processes and policies.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives.
- Intellectually curious with an understanding the goal is to make the business grow.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time to visit customers and Broan events.
- Ability to work remotely; home office with the majority of your time out in the field.
Associated topics: leader, management, manager, principal, sales management, sales manager, shift lead, supervisor, team leader, territory manager