The city of Rockville is a Maryland and one of America’s small cities. It is a highly educated, business-friendly, and prominent Biomed and technological region worldwide. Present near Washington D.C., it is a place where people and governments strive to maintain warmth that hometown connotes. Rockville is regarded as the best place to live by Money Magazine in 2018. It ranked 9th among the happiest cities to work for by CareerBliss.com and the most culturally diverse city in America, according to WalletHub report 2018. Rockville is a Certified Community Wildlife Habitat, Sustainable Maryland Certified Community, and is awarded by the College Green Gardens. Employees at the City of Rockville receive health insurance, medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, and retirement savings plans. It offers jobs for Afterschool Director, Certified Tree Climber, Class Instructor, Facilities Maintenance Trades Worker, Fitness Class Instructor, Lifeguard, Planning Technician, and more.
* Arrival one hour before the scheduled show time
* Supervise ushers to ensure compliance with house expectations; e.g. seating patrons, use of ticket scanners, food and drink consumption in the lobby
* Perform opening and lock up of the facility
* Coordinate with tech staff, box office and group videographers/photographers for placement in the house and for technical needs (power/audio signal feeds).
* Coordinate with box office staff as needed to solve audience issues and ensure a positive experience for patrons.
* Communicate over Com system and with box office to ensure a timely start of the performance both at the top of the show and coming out of intermission(s).
* Learn how the user group plans to handle sales and security of cash from transactions conducted in the lobby for items such as flowers, CD's etc.
* Supervise audience behavior - disruptive behavior, photography, illness and/or other issues and take the lead to resolve the problem within accordance with user group's expectations.
* Supervise the lobby and the house during the performance.
* Maintain the daily House Management Report Log for reporting purposes.
* Act as the "face" of the theatre and responds to all audience and group requests.
* Supervise and coordinate handling of emergencies: person or facility:
* Become educated in ADA procedures and requirements to assure compliance by the venue
* Be trained in CPR/First Aid/AED and function as first responder when appropriate
* Know and follow house safety/emergency protocol and perform duties to clear house and building in case of emergencies per that policy
* Fill out incident reports when the occur
Most work hours are weekend afternoons, evenings and nights with some weekday evening/night hours based on the F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre's performance schedule. Qualifications
Must possess excellent communication skills. Ability to train and supervise people and use independent judgment and decision-making.
2-3 years job related experience.
High school diploma and/or above. College preferred.