Physicians Immediate Care, otherwise called Physicians Urgent Care, was established in mid-1987 in Rockford III, under the authority of John J. Koehler, M.D. Today the organization is driven by Stan Blaylock, President & CEO, & Dr. Koehler, Founder & CMO. For over 30 years, they have been devoted to providing affordable and high-quality medical care to the community. PIC values their employees and aims at creating and providing a workplace that truly nurtures the professional spirit of the team members. They also strive to offer several benefits to them, including but not limited to creating a balance between work life and family life. They also offer flexible time schedules to accommodate personal commitments. Employees and their family members are also provided free in-house medical facilities, besides a good salary package.
Physicians Urgent Care, also known as Physicians Immediate Care, is a Midwest leader in Urgent Care and Occupational Health Services with over 40 locations in Illinois and Indiana. The Billing Center for these clinics is located in Pittsburgh, PA. We are a growing company and currently have a full time Third Party Collection Specialist opportunity available.
- Medical Collections: Utilize A/R reports/system work lists to identify accounts that are past timely payment. Contact insurance company, vendor or patient to learn status of outstanding claim.
- Appeals: Write appeals to insurance companies to overturn denied or short paid claims.
- Medical Billing: Re-bill claims that are not on file at the insurance company/vendor and provide substantiating documentation if necessary.
- Documentation: Obtain necessary documentation (updated medical order, clinical notes, patient agreement, etc.) and submit to insurance carrier.
- Patient/Provider: Contact patient, provider, to relay and/or obtain pertinent information and/or documents to assist in the collection of claims.
- Research and resolve incorrect payments.
- Answer patient inquires by phone regarding outstanding account balances and insurance guidelines.
- Contact responsible party to resolve delinquent accounts.
- Prepare payment plans and monitor adherence to the agreed upon plan.
- Post adjustment entries
- Identify and prepare patient and insurance refunds.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that all information regarding collection activity of account is entered accurately into the billing system.
- Bring recurring issues to the attention of the department supervisor.
- Work with Patient Collections representatives to pursue patient for payment obligations when insurance defaults as permitted by law or contractual relationships.
Education and/or Experience
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in medical collections and understanding of HCFA-1500 claim forms and re-billing process.
- Experience with Occupational Billing & Collections preferred.
- Experience working with all payer types to include Medicare, Medicaid, and third party commercial insurance companies
- Strong analytical skills
- Good phone skills
- Computer Savvy
- Quick learner
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously under strict deadlines
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
At Physicians Immediate Care you will enjoy full benefits including a generous wellness plan, a company matched 401K plan, a Monday through Friday schedule with a great work-life balance. Come join our team!