For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2016 sales and revenues of $38.537 billion, Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
JOB SUMMARY: Determine and execute the steps necessary to properly perfect our security interest on titled equipment in the U.S., including Caterpillar Financial Commercial Account Corporation. Ensure title reports are updated and followed up on in a timely manner. Ensure citations are handled in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reviews, analyzes and processes titled documents including, but not limited to, title applications, MCO’s and Powers of Attorney to ensure completeness and accuracy in order to properly perfect our security interest in titled equipment for retail and direct business, including RLOC’s, while paying particular attention to varying state and local requirements.
2. Ensures all title documentation is present and accurate for Caterpillar Financial Commercial Account Corporation and processes accordingly.
3. Develops and cultivates relationships with customers, dealers and field personnel and creates a positive customer experience for all customers on a daily basis.
4. Works proactively with dealers and Document Analyst by being reliable resource providing explicit instructions and documents to improve the customer experience.
5. Provides training and guidance to current and new employees on Collateral Services-related issues and assists in the development of new routines, procedures, processing times and standards of performance to ensure company collateral assets are secured.
6. Runs outstanding title reports on a monthly basis and follows up on a timely basis to meet KCP standards. Involves Collateral Services Manager as needed for guidance. Outside title reports include updated notes and follows up with dealers on missing title documentation. Runs other reports and ensures appropriate action is taken. Maintains accurate records of title documentation received from dealers and customers within the various systems used by Document Services.
7. Updates dealer title matrix and prepares Letters of Authorization as needed.
8. Provides support to Remarketing to obtain title documentation for units being sold.
9. Collaborates with OEMs to obtain original and missing title documents.
10. Collaborates with dealers, Territory Managers, customers, DMV’s and our vendor to ensure our lien position on titles and conducts research when needed.
11. Reviews citations and determines proper course of action.
12. Processes transfers and assumptions for Customer Solutions.
13. Reviews requests from Customer Relations and disposes titles accordingly.
14. Records title activity and maintains a spreadsheet associated with this activity on a daily basis.
15. Takes a lead role on special projects when needed with minimal supervision.
16. Reviews and distributes mail.
17. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
18. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Demonstrated knowledge of title laws and collateral securitization importance.
2. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage numerous tasks with strong organizational and prioritization skills.
3. Demonstrated computer skills, including the ability to effectively type for up to 75% of the day.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office products, including the ability to prepare and maintain spreadsheets.
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply data collection and analysis skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to interpret various documentations from DMV and state offices.
8. Demonstrated ability to work independently for extended amounts of time.
9. Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
10. Demonstrated ability to analyze situations, make decisions, and take measured risks using available data as well as insight.
11. Demonstrated knowledge of finance/leasing products, policies and procedures.
12. Demonstrated ability to concentrate on results while being flexible to achieve goals.
13. Possess a sense of urgency and willingness to be accountable for one’s work product.
14. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships, working effectively with others inside and outside of the company.
15. Demonstrated knowledge of InfoLease, FinancExpress, SalesForce, DocExpress and VINtek Time.
16. Demonstrated knowledge of CFSC and Caterpillar Dealer processes.
17. Demonstrated ability to strive for quality as well as timeliness, maintaining perspective as to the outcome of the decisions.
18. Demonstrated ability to perform general office tasks.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A High School Diploma or equivalent GED certificate is required and a minimum of 5 years work experience in non-exempt or exempt jobs in credit, customer service, collections, document services, accounting, or treasury is recommended. Previous work experience must be progressively increasing in responsibility and accountability and demonstrate an ability to gain in knowledge, skills and responsibility such that a level of full competency can be reached.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Demonstrated ability to be customer focused, detailed oriented, and extremely organized in a fast paced environment. Experience with Oracle, InfoLease, Capitalstream, Salesforce, and Excel is a plus.
College Degree, Experience with titling vehicles and/or DMV's.