Cupertino, California-based Apple designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, computers, and various related software (the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and several other). Apple is committed to make the best products in the market, creating solutions that serve everyone. Apple celebrates inclusion and diversity, and believes in the power of an accepting culture. Strengthening its commitment to leave the world better than we found it, Apple has been supporting underserved schools in the US as part of ConnectED, pledging $100 million of teaching and learning solutions since 2014. Environmental sustainability is also at the forefront of the Apple core values - it strives to develop products that make the least environmental impact. At Apple you can take advantage of health and wellness resources and time-away programs including the option to buy Apple stock at a discount, charity events, reimbursement for continuing your education, and special employee pricings on Apple products.
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love working in a fast-paced environment? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the trademark field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as protect Apple’s world-renowned brands and intellectual property. We are seeking a smart, organized and high-energy legal specialist with a keen eye for detail to support Apple’s Trademark and Copyright Group. This role will require an understanding of US and International trademark prosecution, enforcement, and adverse proceedings.
- Minimum 3 years of experience, but 5 years+ preferred, as a trademark paralegal or equivalent, ideally with both law firm and in-house experience.
- Assist in the review and preparation of various documents and correspondence supporting trademark prosecution and enforcement work, including applications, amendments, assignments, statements of use, responses to Office Actions, provisional refusals, notices of irregularity, notices of opposition, affidavits, appeal briefs, and evidence of use.
- Strong ability to prioritize, monitor, meet deadlines, and manage projects in a fast-paced environment to ensure matters are timely handled.
- Ability to be adaptable and maintain a positive attitude.
- Experience reviewing trademark watch notices, conducting online research, gathering evidence, and performing trademark and owner searches.
- Solid interpersonal skills to efficiently and effectively work with Apple’s internal team and outside counsel to meet prosecution and enforcement goals and objectives.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership over matters while also seeking guidance from and working collaboratively with supervising attorneys.
- Familiarity with SAEGIS and WebTMS preferred.
As a Trademark and Copyright Group paralegal, you will support multiple trademark portfolios and enjoy working in a dynamic environment where attention to detail is critical.
Education & Experience
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or AA Degree or equivalent experience. Paralegal certificate with trademark specialization preferred.