Publix is continually recognized as one of the best places in America to work; see why Publix should be part of your list of top places to work in Pharmacy. And, with growth potential of up to 50 new pharmacies per year, our promote from within culture allows for a rewarding career path into any one of the following areas: retail management, specialty pharmacy, out-patient hospital pharmacy, corporate or centralized pharmacy operations.
* responsible for utilizing Publix Transportation Management System (TMS) tools to analyze all outbound store orders, construct and execute cost effective full truck load shipments that will arrive at the delivery location on the established date and time and to consolidate associated backhaul orders that need to be routed on return trips. This includes creating complex filters, executing consolidation runs and performing manual shipment builds, analyzing consolidation results to validate shipments, analyzing orders and developing solutions
* responsible for working with Manufacturing, Distribution, Dispatch and Procurement to coordinate and facilitate the transportation from shipping facilities to destination facilities
* responsible for working with Publix Retail, Dispatch, Distribution and Manufacturing business units to provide exception based transportation plans
* responsible for analyzing KPIs, identifying trends driving continuous improvement.
* the responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
* High School diploma or its equivalent
* one year experience working in distribution or an analytical field
* knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications
* strong problem solving and analytical skills
* decision making skills
* computer skills
* written communication skills
* strong verbal communication skills including the ability to negotiate
* organizational skills
* ability to multi-task
* be able to work independently and complete tasks in a timely manner
* willingness to work weekends, holidays, and nights, as needed
* willingness to accept change, as well as be a positive change agent
* be able to successfully complete battery of Clerical & Microsoft Skills Tests (before his or her start date in the position)
* successfully complete a battery of assessments administered by Selection & Performance Measurement
* have the ability to work well with others and be a team member
* show enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work and
* show commitment to Publix's mission.
* current Lakeland Distribution associate
* Associate's degree in Business or a related Technology field
* three years experience working in Publix Corporate Transportation department or similar environment. One year experience working with transportation management systems.
* Certified in Transportation and Logistics (CTL) or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
* knowledge of the transportation industry
* knowledge of Transportation Management Systems
* knowledge of United States geography
* knowledge of grocery product quality limits
* knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations