Amazon, the Seattle-based online retailer, provides personalized shopping services and direct shipping to customers. The company’s platform, amazon.com, offers a wide range of products including books, music, videotapes, computers, electronics, home and garden, and several other products. Amazon’s corporate culture embraces diversity and inclusion. The firm endeavors to find opportunities to train veterans and their spouses and currently counts 21,000 former members of the military on board. Maintaining a pet-friendly working environment, the retailer welcomes Amazonians’ four-legged friends on bring-your-dog-to-work days. You can apply for student programs, fulfillment center career opportunities, as well as remote jobs at Amazon. Job categories include administrative support, business intelligence, data science, legal, human resources, marketing & PR, and several other.
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon’s Transportation Operations Management team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated leader to drive large scale process standardization and lead dynamic teams in an ambiguous environment. The Transportation Area Manager (TAM) will serve an advisory role and act as the primary point of contact for a designated region’s Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) training and operational needs. The TAM will be responsible for ensuring a designated region obtains the required training on compliance and safety related functions to safely and successfully execute CMV operations.
The TAM will possess tremendous follow-through skills, sound judgement and the ability to “roll up their sleeves” to support and drive execution of CMV operations within a geographic region.
· Lead a team of Transportation Support Specialists (TSS) to ensure program execution, truck and driver compliance, regulatory adherence, risk aversion and continuous improvement of the associate experience
· Collaborate with relevant stakeholders including operations, safety, compliance, maintenance and learning to manage program and project initiatives
· Oversee Commercial Motor Vehicle training, coordination, execution and development
· Collect and consolidate feedback from field teams, leadership and other internal stakeholders to enhance overall effectiveness of CMV-related training and CMV operations
· Drive teams/partners to meet forecasted program needs
· Develop, implement and audit new safety management principles and standard work practices
· Understand program design and execution strategy to enable Amazon to operate with the highest level of safety and compliance
· Extract, analyze and report data to benchmark program effectiveness
· Accelerate progress by driving crisp, timely decisions and clearing any potential blockers
· Spearhead projects and initiatives that nurture value-added enhancements to drive continuous improvement to the CMV-related training programs, CMV operations and the organization as a whole
· A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
· 3+ years of relevant work experience in project/program management
· 3+ years or relevant work experience developing customer-facing content and/or messaging
· 3+ years of managing drivers or driving in a commercial regulated fashion
· Working knowledge of DOT compliance and safety standards
· Previous work experience within a transportation or logistics related field
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Proficient data analyst
· Experience creating and/or improving operational processes across teams/stakeholders
· Proven track record of safe practices, managing conflicting priorities and driving results
· Proven range of skills including high-level strategic thinking, creative ideas, detailed program/project execution, problem-solving, time management, attention to detail, prioritization, and working as both a team player and independently in an a fast-paced, rapidly evolving business while making safety a priority
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.