Nestled in Waltham, MA, Raytheon Company is an international technology and innovation firm in aerospace and defense, providing electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services for a wide variety of government and commercial customers. Besides its global business services segment the company runs four operations: Integrated Defense Systems; Intelligence, Information and Services; Missile Systems; Space and Airborne Systems. Working toward the goal of making the world a safer place, the company offers career paths to you if you consider yourself mission-driven who thrives on continual learning, big ideas and real challenges. Job openings are not only available for professionals, but also for recent graduates & interns; moreover the company offers a Relaunch Program, a unique opportunity for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking a career break. A comprehensive and competitive benefits package is accessible for you, containing elements of health care, income protection, investment/retirement and work/life benefits. As one of the earliest technology start-ups Raytheon was established in Cambridge, home of the Institute of Technology, as the American Appliance Company in 1922.
***Great opportunity for current college students entering their Junior or Senior year by Fall 2020 or college graduate students (entering or currently enrolled) in a graduate program by Fall 2020. If you are not a current college or graduate student, please visit our other opportunities at www.raytheon.com/careersand apply!***
Space and Airborne Systems is seeking a college intern to support our Industrial Security program. This is an opportunity to gain practical security experience in a fast-paced R&D, engineering and production environment.
Selected candidate will support various assignments administering the Space and Airborne Systems Industrial Security program, to ensure Company compliance with the National Industrial Program (NISP), through implementation of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
Tasks may include, but are not limited to, shadowing security employees to learn their duties and responsibilities by working with industrial security specialists, information assurance specialists, and other security professionals throughout the organization. The position may involve working on projects to improve overall security processes, some of which will cross the organization’s core capabilities, as well as involve other functions or sites within Space and Airborne Systems.
Assignment areas during this internship may include:
- Personnel Security – Education and Training
- Personnel Security – Mandatory reporting
- Facility Self-assessment – NISP compliance
- Insider Threat Program administration
- Security incident investigation and reporting
- Security metrics collection and reporting
This position is a security generalist and will be exposed to multiple domains within the NISP.
For Multi-Level Intern Requisitions:
This position can be a Salary Grade of G04, G05 or NUG based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- G04 (College Junior by Fall 2020) - must have completed 60 hours of college
- G05 (College Senior by Fall 2020) - must have completed 90 hours of college
- NUG (Post- Graduate-Masters-PhD by Fall 2020) - must have an undergraduate degree and currently enrolled or about to enroll in a graduate degree program
- Proficiency in common business software (Microsoft Office – Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and accurately
- Comfort presenting to peers and larger audiences
- Ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Interest and understanding of NISP and NISP principles
- Major studies directly related to Industrial Security
- Comfort assessing solutions from incomplete data
- Working understanding of the requirements of the NISPOM and ICDs
- Process improvement (6 Sigma) knowledge
- Willingness to ask questions and the ability to quickly learn necessary skills
- Ability to work extended hours, when required
- Ability to adapt to and excel in a fast paced work environment
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Current DoD security clearance
Required Education: Currently pursuing a BS / BA degree from a four-year university and entering as a college Junior or Senior year OR pursuing a MS / MA / PhD by Fall 2020. Must be working towards a degree in Security Studies, Criminal Justice, International Security, Homeland Security, or similar program. Must be appropriate grade level listed above.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.