BRUNSWICK IS A MARKET LEADER in the marine, fitness and billiards industries. We have made a commitment to focus our efforts on our core businesses and, as a result, have drawn upon decades of experience to design, build and market world-class recreational products. No company has Brunswick's breadth and scope in the marine industry. No company rivals Brunswick's quality and innovation in fitness equipment. And no company possesses Brunswick's knowledge and heritage in billiards.
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Oversees the development and management of the Bayliner and Heyday product portfolios, while coordinating with other BBG brands to ensure product strategies are properly positioned within the respective Bayliner and Heyday brand lanes. Additionally, oversees the development and management of competitive and consumer (VoC) research services including the monitoring, evaluation and dissemination of routine and targeted data management systems. Working with other key leaders in the organization, the Product Portfolio Manager will also be responsible for directing, managing and monitoring the overarching product portfolio strategies that drive optimal product related business performance throughout the product lifecycle.
New Product and Current Product Lifecycle Management:
- Acquire a comprehensive knowledge base of the current product portfolio and all relevant competitive models – including specs, pricing, power, USPs, and past, current and future trends.
- Provide direction and management for new product development programs and existing product enhancement activities.
- Research, analyze, and monitor financial, technological, and demographic factors that affect the development and execution of new product programs and recommend adjustments as appropriate to achieve overall product and financial performance.
- Monitor existing product market performance and develop appropriate actions/activities to ensure peak performance throughout the product lifecycle.
- Leverage external relationships with design and technology experts to influence new product design and existing product enhancements that will help to provide a sustainable competitive advantage for Bayliner and Heyday.
- Provide oversight and direction for model year product changes (Model Change Process) that will affect product performance improvement efforts.
- Manage the Program Approval Committee (PAC) governance and oversight for new product and technology programs in the development channel.
- Provide advocacy and leadership in a liaison role with design, engineering supply chain and operations.
- Develop short- and long-range competitive product research plans and programs in coordination with Bayliner and Heyday marketing and BBG, to ensure the positioning and growth/expansion of company products has a competitive advantage in the market.
- Develop competitive comparison evaluations and various forms of documentation to assist New Product Development and Current Product Lifecycle management in ensuring competitive positioning of our products.
- Highlight and report to the broader organization on competitive reactions to Bayliner and Heyday product offerings to ensure the timely adjustment of strategies and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Provide research services to the organization that will identify and leverage various forms of targeted and routine Voice of the Customer product related insights that drive new product definitions and existing product enhancements.
- Develop and recommend New Product design/development charters that will provide a scope of work for design and engineering to develop world class industry leading products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or similar along with 5-7 years of general business experience; product, portfolio or lifecycle management and/or MBA preferred.
- Proven successes with project management, trend and opportunity identification and portfolio insight.
- Experience with database management (SalesForce, Business Objects, advanced Excel skills, or similar).
- Proven experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Ability to develop and manage diverse portfolio and prioritize objectives.
- Ability to apply sound business principles and practices to project management.
- Ability to influence, lead, negotiate, inspire and coordinate multiple cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of product, product features and benefits, customer profiles, customer buying preferences, competitive trends, competitive product strengths, weaknesses and opportunities to better manage the brand and grow the portfolio.
- Implement price positioning and supporting work for annual product line pricing processes.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Have an excellent command of data and data presentation (articulate, accurate).
- Manage and proactively report on several projects at any given time.
- Think big while managing the small details through to completion.
- Possess intellectual curiosity and passion.
- Track global consistency and leverage of best practices across brands to ensure product and brand integrity.
- Lead and influence cross-functional teams on strategic category issues, processes and initiatives.
- Provide category and direct product expertise, market trend, competitive analysis.
We are the people behind life’s passions.
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-735-4767.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Brunswick and Workday Privacy Policies