Bayview Asset Management, LLC ("Bayview"), initially founded in 1993, is a mortgage investment firm focused on investments in mortgage credit, including whole loans, mortgage-backed securities, mortgage servicing rights, and mortgage-related assets.
With approximately 1,800 employees, our corporate headquarters is uniquely situated in the beautiful community of Coral Gables, Florida, located near the shores of Biscayne Bay and minutes from Miami Beach. The firm has additional asset management offices in New York and Iowa, as well as loan servicing and origination affiliates in seven US states and Italy.
As of December 31, 2018, Bayview oversees approximately $13.7 billion in assets under management. As a major participant in the mortgage investment markets, our senior management team has an average tenure of 16 years at Bayview with 25 years of industry experience. Bayview has substantial experience in sourcing, purchasing, servicing, and managing residential and commercial mortgage loans and mortgage-backed securities.
The Vice President of Portfolio Management will be responsible for assisting the firm's investments in whole loans including but not limited to:
- Underwriting new opportunities
- Creating financial models
- Assessing portfolio performance relative to expectations
- Developing/managing strategies to meet or exceed expected returns
The ideal candidate will be an individual who is dedicated to making sure that these critical processes are completed effectively, accurately, efficiently and timely to support the investment process. Salesforce, Excel, PowerPoint, CAS and SQL will be the primary tools used in this position. Exemplary work ethic and ability to lead financial professionals is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assign work to analysts and manage deadlines
- Assess investment opportunity variants and determine the optimal pricing protocols
- Review work product of junior members of the team
- Make recommendations on the pricing and of investment opportunities
- Price various forms of credit risk using proprietary models
- Measure the performance of investments made relative to original underwriting
- Develop and implement strategies to meet or exceed expected performance
- Work independently and assess priorities according to the firm's objectives
- Lead by example in adhering to Bayview's company tenets
- Ability to methodically solve problems and quantify solutions with limited direction
- Experience working in a result-oriented environment with multiple competing deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment towards achieving career growth and deepening knowledge base
- Exemplary work ethic
- Strong communication skills that can tailor to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with people at all levels of an organization from analysts to the Chief Executive Officer
- Exceptional leadership skills, including the ability to implement change
- Strong PC skills required, including extensive experience with spreadsheets
- Strong analytical skills and strict attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize several tasks at one time and meet tight deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of financial concepts including but not limited to financial statements, fixed income investments, credit risk, swaps and other derivatives
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree or higher from a competitive STEM program
- Minimum of four years of work experience in credit investments that emphasize quantitative methods
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATION
- CFA charter holder preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Bayview is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.