Ridgewood Care Center -
Ridgewood is looking for the ideal candidate who must pocess previous experience in a long term care setting. The position reports to the Life Enrichment Director and responsibilities include: providing a full range of recreation coordination including MDS assessments, programs based on individualized needs, and participation in interdisciplinary staffing with required documentation; demonstrate accountability for and contribution to the Recreation program development, quality improvement, and problem solving within the department; in conjunction with the Recreation Team Lead, provide direction of the Recreation Department when the Director is absent. You will assist in recruitment, orientation and supervision of volunteer staff and organize and schedule the residents community outings.
- Hourly position $12-$13/hour
- Valid Wisconsin Drivers license, acceptable driving record and proof of insurability for resident outings and yearly, pass motor vehicle background investigation check.
- Conduct initial, change of condition and quarterly assessments.
- Develop individualized treatment plans.
- Provide therapeutic programming based on individualized needs of each resident.
- Coordinate recreation programming with other disciplines and team members.
- Function as a resource for and provide team members with in-services on recreation program knowledge and skill areas.
- Assist the Director with administrative duties such as the monthly calendar and newsletter, creating event flyers and organizing fundraisers.
- Contribute to the development of improved efficiency and productivity of the department.
- Assist director in recruiting, orienting and supervising volunteers.
- Maintain master volunteer listing.
- Perform background checks on volunteers upon recruitment and every four years thereafter.
- Organize and execute resident outings to include scheduling trips, signing up residents, and informing unit nursing, dietary, finance and social services. Ability to transport residents on community outings using facility vehicles.
- Participate in continuing education/professional development activities as requested by the Director of Recreation.
- Demonstrate a professional image/attitude for patients, families, clients, co-workers and others.
- Communicate effectively to ensure effective and efficient department operation. Interact with patients, their families, department staff and facility personnel in a clear, effective and diplomatic manner.
- Attend facility, unit, and departmental in-service sessions as scheduled.
- Adhere to applicable dress code.
- Adjust personal schedule to meet needs of unit when requested.
- Protect patient confidentiality at all times.
If you are the right candidate with the experience and drive we are looking for, come in between 8am and 7pm to complete an application!