Corizon Health is a pioneer and leading provider of correctional healthcare services across the United States with over 40 years of experience in the industry. The company has more than 11,000 employees in over 400 correctional facilities (jails and prisons). Corizon Health employs healthcare and support professionals, including nurses, physicians, dentists and behavioral healthcare providers. Because of the high rates of mental illness and the previously unmet medical needs of the inmate population, medical and behavioral health providers work together closely in an integrated healthcare delivery system. In addition to competitive compensation packages, the company provides you resources, training and advancement opportunities. Corizon Health also offers you a highly supportive and collaborative work environment and the opportunity for work-life balance.
The Vice President Operations (VPO) is ultimately accountable for the delivery of Company's healthcare services in Maryland . In this role you will collaborate with Company's operational and corporate leadership to determine, implement, and manage the strategic direction and plan for the region. In conjunction with executive medical leadership, the VPO is responsible for establishing and maintaining effective clinical quality oversight for the assigned region. You will negotiate contract terms, amendments, and extensions and act as the proactive leader with development of new bids; proactively identifying potential business opportunities and participating in the pursuit of new contracts and clients. Travels within the region and to corporate office as required based upon business needs.
- Serves as the primary strategic, operational leader with clients' key senior-level team to ensure client satisfaction and continued business opportunities.
- Work with lobbying teams to ensure goals and priorities are carried out for Company and our partners.
- Ensures regional resources are directed accordingly for implementation of client contract support and personnel programs.
- In conjunction with medical leadership, implements and systematically monitors clinical quality oversight. Also develops processes to demonstrate success, best practices to the current clients, future clients, bid process, legislators, etc. Will also develop in conjunction with medical leadership action plans to demonstrate improvements in expected areas of operations.
- Participates in marketing and sales process by providing operational input on staffing development, proforma and proposal development, as well as bid conferences and presentations. Markets Corizon contract services on an on-going basis. Responsible for public relations within the region including interfacing with government officials providing testimony at legislative hearings and organizations. Will obtain progress reports from active lobbyists within area of operations on a weekly/monthly/annual basis.
- Reviews and analyzes the financial reports for the region and takes corrective action as needed. Oversees regional budgeting and leads operational planning processes to include staffing, revenue, offsite services, pharmacy, medical supplies, other COSP and CERs. Implements a contract audit program and assures that audits are conducted at each site at least bi-annually through a variety of reviews.
- Ensures that each assigned region submits timely and accurate reports to the client and Corporate Office. Prepares a monthly summary of the status of the region's operations. Proactively monitors labor management and takes appropriate corrective action, ensuring staffing is maintained consistent with contract requirements. Will also develop, maintain and deliver a monthly Client Report, annual report of Client Satisfaction survey using various support departments to aid in this requirement.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Provider Contracting activities are reflective of clinical/program services identified by client contract.
- In partnership with Talent Acquisition sets strategic plan and direction for operations recruitment, maintaining and monitoring effective selection and retention practices.
- Consistently and systematically identifies high performing management team, actively planning for their development, promotion and succession planning. Provides mentoring and coaching to direct reports to fortify management and supervisory skills across the Company.
- Conducts special projects as requested by Corporate Office. Actively participates as a member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT). Serves as the Corizon information resource during contract negotiations. Ensures that each facility in assigned area is visited regularly by Regional management.
- Will participate in regularly scheduled updates with the Corizon leadership team on an individual and group basis as requested.
Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Business or related field required. MHA, MBA, or comparable postgraduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of healthcare or corrections experience.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of management experience.
- Multi-site management experience required.
- Strong analytical and financial acumen required.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills; ability to prioritize and align others to vision.
- High client service orientation.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and evaluate operations first-hand, applies thoughtful judgment and problem solving skills. Demonstrates maturity, credibility and self-confidence to function effectively in demanding environment as a balance of both strategic and hands-on leader.
- Expert in operating Windows Office Suite applications and ability to learn computer applications.
- Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance requirements.
Total job postings in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
Current job openings
Average posting lifetime
Total job posting distribution in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
|Non-Profit & Volunteering||5.2%||17%||173%|