Publix is continually recognized as one of the best places in America to work; see why Publix should be part of your list of top places to work in Pharmacy. And, with growth potential of up to 50 new pharmacies per year, our promote from within culture allows for a rewarding career path into any one of the following areas: retail management, specialty pharmacy, out-patient hospital pharmacy, corporate or centralized pharmacy operations.
Warehouse Forklift Operator, Refrigerated - AtlantaPosition Title
Warehouse Forklift Operator, Refrigerated - Atlanta Department
Dacula, near Atlanta, GA Job Description
Simply put, our Warehouse Forklift Operators are masters of skillfully maneuvering industrial powered equipment. Join the team and use your skills to help Publix Distribution maintain a smooth, safe, and orderly process when moving product within Publix’s warehouses.
Warehouse Forklift Operators maneuver powered industrial equipment to move cases and pallets and put them into their assigned slots in the warehouse. They move product from the receiving dock to reserve locations. As pick locations are emptied by Warehouse Selectors, the Warehouse Forklift Operators replenish them, pulling product from reserve locations. The Warehouse Forklift Operators take care to rotate inventory using the most dated inventory first. Furthermore, the Warehouse Forklift Operators help maintain a clean warehouse and sweep out empty slots. Occasionally, they fill in for the Warehouse Selectors, and other positions, as business needs demand.
The responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.Req ID
10872BR Hours of Work
Rotating Scheudle State
Georgia Frequency of Pay
Weekly Minimum Base Pay
15.55 Additional Information
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation emailAddress
445 Hurricane Trail City
Dacula Other Compensation Information
- Night differential: A $.50 per hour night differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled to work any hours between midnight and 3:00 a.m. (this does not include shifts that end at midnight or begin at 3:00a.m.).
Year End Bonus
- Freezer differential: A $.50 per hour freezer differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled in the Frozen Food freezer.
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week’s pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks’ pay.Maximum Base Pay
21.35 Required Qualifications
- be at least 18 years old
- ability to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- successfully complete a Work Attitude Survey
- obtain certification in pallet truck and forklift operations (on or before his or her start date in the position)
- ability to lift product weighing between 60 and 85 pounds
- ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- ability to bend, stoop, and twist
- ability to operate a pallet truck or forklift without any part of his or her body exposed outside of the operator compartment
- ability to stack product of varying weights
- ability to work under strict time requirements
- ability to read, write, and identify and verify numbers
- ability to interpret, understand, and follow instructions.
Potential Annual Base Pay
- current Atlnata Distribution associate
32,344 - 44,408 Zip Code
30019-2067 Work Environment
• Temperatures could range from 20 degrees below to zero for an extended period of time (Frozen Food), 28 degrees to 35 degrees Fahrenheit (Boxed Meat/Dairy) and 35 degrees to 55 degrees Fahrenheit in a wet environment (Produce). Benefits Information
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).