Posted: Jun 28, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200384567
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it! The AppleCare Digital Content team is looking for a seasoned content producer and writer to support our customers' service and repair experience. Your work will help customers find the information they need about getting service for their device.
Excellent writing, communication, collaboration, and organizational skills
Experience writing user-focused content (technical writing)
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks for several projects at the same time, often on short timelines
Understanding of basic content usability principles
Experience writing content for desktop, mobile, and other apps and channels
Experience with content management systems
Ability to synthesize content requests and data from multiple sources into cohesive content plans
Experience with writing style guides
As an editor-writer, you will be responsible for planning and producing service, warranty, and repair content that’s easy to find, use, and understand. We work with global partners in service strategy, localization, imaging, finance, legal, engineering, and marketing to ensure critical service information is published and updated against demanding deadlines. This content includes repair pricing, regional legal content, warranty, and service and repair information. We think critically about the content we create: How content fits together, what content to write, how customers will use it, when they’ll need it, and how they’ll find it. You will identify content gaps and propose logical ways to fill them based on data and your experience.
Education & Experience
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in technical communication, writing/composition, or similar field
3+ years of related experience
This job was posted on Sun Jun 26 2022 and expired on Mon Jul 18 2022.
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Read, evaluate and edit manuscripts or other materials submitted for publication and confer with authors regarding changes in content, style or organization, or publication.
- Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
- Prepare, rewrite and edit copy to improve readability, or supervise others who do this work.
- Oversee publication production, including artwork, layout, computer typesetting, and printing, ensuring adherence to deadlines and budget requirements.
- Write text, such as stories, articles, editorials, or newsletters.
- Supervise and coordinate work of reporters and other editors.
- Confer with management and editorial staff members regarding placement and emphasis of developing news stories.
- Plan the contents of publications according to the publication's style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
- Review and approve proofs submitted by composing room prior to publication production.
- Assign topics, events and stories to individual writers or reporters for coverage.
- Meet frequently with artists, typesetters, layout personnel, marketing directors, and production managers to discuss projects and resolve problems.
- Monitor news-gathering operations to ensure utilization of all news sources, such as press releases, telephone contacts, radio, television, wire services, and other reporters.
- Select local, state, national, and international news items received from wire services, based on assessment of items' significance and interest value.
- Allocate print space for story text, photos, and illustrations according to space parameters and copy significance, using knowledge of layout principles.
- Make manuscript acceptance or revision recommendations to the publisher.
- Direct the policies and departments of newspapers, magazines and other publishing establishments.
- Arrange for copyright permissions.
- Interview and hire writers and reporters or negotiate contracts, royalties, and payments for authors or freelancers.
- Read material to determine index items and arrange them alphabetically or topically, indicating page or chapter location.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Systems Analysis - Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
Cupertino, California-based Apple designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, computers, and various related software (the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and several other). Apple is committed to make the best products in the market, creating solutions that serve everyone. Apple celebrates inclusion and diversity, and believes in the power of an accepting culture. Strengthening its commitment to leave the world better than we found it, Apple has been supporting underserved schools in the US as part of ConnectED, pledging $100 million of teaching and learning solutions since 2014. Environmental sustainability is also at the forefront of the Apple core values - it strives to develop products that make the least environmental impact. At Apple you can take advantage of health and wellness resources and time-away programs including the option to buy Apple stock at a discount, charity events, reimbursement for continuing your education, and special employee pricings on Apple products.
Austin, TX, 78701and others
Communications Equipment Manufacturers, Computer Manufacturers
Total job postings in the past
Based on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
Average posting lifetime
Total job posting distribution in the past
Based on 130 job boards, duplications excluded