The Welder performs welding operations for the Heavy Equipment area. Welder is responsible for housekeeping (5S) and properly maintaining company issued tools and equipment while following strict safety procedures.
- Drives machines to be repaired into and out of shop area.
- Inspects damaged or worn areas of machine to determine the repairs needed.
- Prepares machine for welding, sets up and uses the boring bar to repair holes to specification.
- Reads CAT prints to perform repairs to specification.
- Welds machines/shop equipment welding with gas, arc, MIG and TIG welders as needed. Uses cutting torches and plasma cutter as needed.
- Orders welding supplies.
- Completes all required reporting for service time in an accurate and efficiently; this includes writing service reports, properly allocating time to each job, and tracking parts charged and parts returned.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by understanding customer needs and deadlines, attempting to complete scheduled repairs and service as safely, timely and accurately as possible.
- Maintains company issued equipment and tools, keeping them in good working order.
- Follows safety protocols; using proper PPE as required.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education or equivalent.
- A strong knowledge of welding methods (gas, arc, MIG & TIG)
- Minimum of 1 year of welding experience.
- Applies initiative, demonstrating a “self starting” ability to daily work and proactively making improvements to the work process.
- Interprets and applies policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Responds to customer requests with a sense of urgency, treating customers as his/her highest priority. Takes personal responsibility with customers, keeping commitments and following through on requests.
- Is able to project professionalism with both internal and external customers, including personal appearance along with friendly, courteous treatment of peers, subordinates and customers.
- Ability to use cutting torches and plasma cutter.
- Is able to operate industry specific PC and main frame programs with a basic understanding of MS Word, Excel and data base systems such as DBSI.
- The ability to work over time and weekends.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not a comprehensive list, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
MacAllister Machinery Co Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)