What to expect
At EY Consulting, we are building a better working world by transforming businesses through the power of people, technology and innovation. Our clients are at the heart of what we do. We're focused on solving the key issues of our client buyers, building deeper relationships and making a greater impact with long-term value. Specifically, within our Technology Risk track, you will help clients in employing proper information systems, resources, and controls to maximize efficiencies and minimize risk. You can expect to work with your clients to analyze, evaluate, and enhance information systems controls facilitating the Company's business processes.
We focus on a variety of industries including but not limited to:
- Advanced Manufacturing & Mobility, Power & Utilities, Health Sciences & Wellness, Consumer, and Technology, Media & Entertainment, Telecommunications.
- Candidates can elect to join the Government & Public Sector (GPS) practice and will work exclusively with federal clients, as well as state and local agencies and higher education institutions.
- Candidates can elect to join the Financial Services Organization (FSO) and will focus exclusively in financial services; they will have opportunities to serve leading investment banks, retail and commercial banks, insurers and investment managers.
Whether you choose to join GPS, FSO, or pursue a broader industry focus, you will gain foundational skills for a long career.
When you join our Consulting practice as a staff, you're a part of our Consultant Development Program. You'll be provided learning opportunities, technical competency training, and coaching to develop core consulting skills. While you'll be aligned to a specific track, this Program will enable differential experiences through varied account and engagement alignments. Your key responsibilities may include:
How will I spend most of my time?
- Growing lasting relationships with our clients and understanding their unique ambitions and needs to deliver reliable, tailored advice
- Understanding and documenting clients' business and IT processes, risks, and controls
- Performing control documentation and testing through review of client evidence and interviews
- Using knowledge of the current IT environment to identify the engagement and client service issues, perform root cause analysis, and communicate this information to the engagement team through written correspondence and verbal presentations
- Collaborating with members of the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop work program timelines, assign responsibilities for key tasks and prepare other planning documents
- Taking full responsibility for tasks including consistent self-review of work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality deliverables, while working under supervision
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Assisting team management with project planning, documenting audit walkthrough and testing results, as well as finalizing client deliverables
- Attending client discussions and maintaining meeting minutes
- Monitoring and managing project progress and risks, and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Coordinating with clients to obtain and review necessary engagement artifacts
- Creating flowcharts and process documentation for financially relevant processes
- Documenting and testing controls, as well as reviewing evidence provided by the client
- Performing common work assignments and projects including, but not limited to: System and Organization Controls ("SOC") reports, third-party risk assessments, IT risk and control framework design and assessments of automated and IT General Controls (ITGCs) as part of SOX and Financial Statement audits
- Developing executive presentations to update key stakeholders on project status
What working at EY offers
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Accounting, Information Systems, Computer Science, Finance or Management or a related discipline
- Desire to work in consulting and IT audit as demonstrated by relevant course work, interest or internship experience
- The flexibility and willingness to travel as well as work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- The understanding that travel is an essential function of the job, may vary by location and can range between 60-80%
- Proficiency with MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to learn and work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated project management, teaming, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Integrity within a professional environment
- A driver's license valid in the U.S.
- Candidates interested in the Government & Public Sector focus must have sole U.S. citizenship and be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher, within the designated time frame, which will be determined by the engagement requirements for a security clearance.
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you'll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You'll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the profession
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- Gained flexibility through two-way communication and commitment with your engagement teams
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transaction services and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.Make your mark. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
This job was posted on Mon Feb 01 2021 and expired on Tue Feb 09 2021.