- Your review should be sincere and comprise your personal opinion and experience.
- An individual is expected to leave one review per employer. Your review should be related to your position at the company (or interviews you have had with the employer) within the last few years to make it relevant to fellow jobseekers currently looking.
- Include a pro and a con to leave a balanced review.
- We don't approve reviews that include profanities, threats of violence, discriminatory language targeted at individuals or groups or are defamatory. We may allow reviews that mention race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation and the like if we believe the comment is used to describe a workplace situation. General discussions of workplace misconduct are accepted, including most conversations of discrimination, sexual harassment, and illegal activities.
- To ensure privacy, we don’t allow you to reveal your identity or include any contact information (yours or others’) in your review.
- Lensa wants you to share information that helps the entire community. We reject reviews that aren’t about an employer or are not relevant to understanding an employer’s workplace culture. Content that reads like an advertisement will not be published.
- We allow naming individuals in the highest positions in a company with expansive influence over the work environment, so long as the review describes behavior or performance at work. (e.g., Founder, C-Suite, Executive Director, President, etc.).
- We don't allow reviews that include negative statements about identifiable individuals that are not part of this group.
- We do not accept reviews that expose confidential, non-public internal company information. We consider the above to include the following: customer lists, in-depth financial results, source code, manufacturing techniques, R&D activities, technical know-how, and budgets.
- All reviews should be original – no quoted material from other sources, including (but not limited to) websites, e-mail correspondence, other reviews, etc.
- Make sure your review is easy to comprehend. We reject reviews for excessive use of capitalization or filler words/characters.
- Reviews cannot be edited, updated or deleted once submitted. These functions may be accessible in the near future.
How we moderate
- We never alter or edit the content of reviews or comments submitted on our website.
- We never censor or delete content on the basis of it being negative or positive.
- We practice the same standard of review for all content (whether or not the content involves an employer client of Lensa).
- Email verification from a permanent and active email address or a legitimate social networking account for each individual submitting content is obligatory.
- We moderate all content through a manual moderation process carried out by our Content Integrity Team.
- Lensa stays neutral in all cases of dispute; we don’t take sides and we don’t act as the finder of fact concerning review content.
- Review will be removed in case we have evidence that the user was coerced into or incentivized to leaving the review.
- We believe in the basis of free speech and anonymity — everyone has the right to voice their opinion and be heard without fear of censorship, retribution, or other unwanted attention.
- We don’t get involved in disputes about what actually happened between a reviewer and an employer. Lensa is a career site, not a regulatory authority or a court of law.
Employer Response Guidelines
Employer responses are moderated using the Reviews Guidelines as well, with the exception that employers are allowed to add their contact information and related web links (e.g. internal company policies, etc.)
Upon responding we ask employers to:
- Be professional and polite.
- Not include the name of the individual they suppose wrote the review.
- Not threaten the writer of a review with legal repercussions.
Employers are forbidden to offer incentives in exchange for any reviews. Trading reviews with other employers is prohibited. Reviews, where we have evidence that users were compensated to leave reviews, will be removed.
Coercing employees to leave reviews is not permitted. Coercion can be asking employees to give proof to an employer that they left a review whether or not that proof has the content of the review itself.
We ask all Lensa users to note that we apply the same standard of review for every piece of content (whether or not the content concerns an employer client of Lensa). Ultimately, content decisions are within our sole discretion and we do not negotiate about our application of a guideline to our final decision as to whether or not a piece of content warrants removal.