Supply Chain InternPhoenix, AZ
Blackboard is helping education leaders enhance every aspect of the teaching and learning experience. Blackboard s broad reach covers our traditional, market-leading e-Learning solutions, in addition to mass notification, campus security, and commerce. We are dedicated to fostering a culture of lifelong education and growth. Across courses, campuses, organizations, companies, government agencies, and communities, Blackboard is powering the educational age around the globe.Blackboard Transact
is an integrated technology platform that helps improve the student experience and campus safety, while helping streamline business operations and increasing revenue. The Blackboard Transact platform includes capabilities within two integrated modules:
- Commerce Management: facilitates campus ID card issuance, cashless payment processing, account management and reporting on-campus, off-campus, and online.
- Security Management: monitors all campus activity using integrated door access control, video surveillance and mass notification capabilities.
For more information about Blackboard and our career opportunities, please visit www. blackboard. com.Position Responsibilities
Blackboard s Supply Chain team purchases items to be used by both our internal and external customers. The Intern will work in a fast paced environment, and interface directly with our sales and management teams to fulfill the needs of our customers in a timely manner. We are looking for a team player with a can-do attitude to intern with our Supply Chain team. In general this temporary role is responsible for the procurement of materials requisitioned for corporate purchases and other company operations, within defined policies and procedures.
The Supply Chain Intern will play an integral role in the success of the group. Specifically s/he will be responsible for:
Learning & Development
- Process corporate purchases.
- Expedite and follow through on orders placed.
- Process company receiving.
- Process system adjustments.
- Approves 3rd party vendor invoices for payment.
- Assist in the management of data and reports that enhance Supply Chain operations.
Professional QualificationsRequired Skills:
- Supply Chain/Procurement day-to-day operations
- Order processing, supplier management
- ERP systems operation
- Sourcing data organization and analysis
- Customer service
- Current enrollment and attendance in a Supply Chain Management or relevant college Business Management program.
- Demonstrated communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, and short term and long term planning skills.
- Competency with Microsoft Office applications and effective utilizing technology applications.
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Customer Service
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
This job was posted on Wed Feb 06 2019 and expired on Sun Feb 10 2019.